The African Real Estate & Infrastructure Summit is an exclusive high-level conference which will see over 150 key decision makers, in both private and public sectors, open dialogue and discuss Africa's rapid urbanisation challenges and the development of future African cities. The award winning unique 2-day interactive conference focuses on four key pillars namely:
- Urban Development
- Mobility & Technology
- Finance & Investment
The innovative conference layout allows for delegate and exhibitor interaction during the conference and increases the overall summit experience. The Summit was voted Africa's best Confex (half conference/half exhibition) in 2017 by the AAXO ROAR Awards.
The 2017 Summit looked to answer some of the following questions:
- How do African cities developing to be sustainable, resilient, inclusive centres of economic growth?
- Africa’s urban population is the fastest growing globally. Can this be translated into economic growth and development?
- How can we foster a better understanding between public and private sectors to create more functional cities?
- What are the impacts of transport availability on real estate pricing and demand?
- How do we improve the quality of life for African citizens in urban areas?
- Why is the link between urbanisation and economic development in Africa weaker than elsewhere?
The African Real Estate & Infrastructure Summit 2018 will take place at the CTICC in Cape Town on 15 - 16 May 2017. The summit sees leading African cities showcase their urban development plans and discuss the challenges and opportunities of their urbanisation. The event format is conference and exhibition, continuing under the theme “Developing Future Cities”.
Key cities wish to engage with investors, developers, infrastructure development experts, project managers, contractors, law firms, construction companies, architects, urban planners, brokers and consulting/structural/electrical/mechanical engineers, who can assist them with the development of their future cities.
This transactional deal-making hub is aimed at providing an opportunity for investors, developers, landowners and the cities themselves to conduct business, sign contracts and develop the future cities of Africa. Alongside the Urban Development Plan City Showcase sessions, the two-day high-level conference will provide insight, guidance and training to African cities to attract and negotiate international finance and investment.
2016 Summit preview video